Here are the details for this years GB SUP race series on Saturday 21st July:
1. RACE ENTRY (closes on Wednesday 18th July at midnight):
Tech race + party ticket: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=132362
(if you entered the race and forgot to book your party food ticket then scroll to the bottom this page to buy a ticket)
Distance race: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=142128
TWO FOR ONE OFFER: Enter and pay for the tech race then enter the Distance with the code BOTHRACES. The Distance Race is free if you pay for the tech race.
Sandbanks Beach: we’ll be on the beach in front of the Sandbanks Hotel BH13 7PS. To access the beach go through Shore Road, head for Jazz Café 28 Shore Rd, Poole BH13 7PJ. Once you get the end of Shore Road, turn right and walk along the beach and you’ll see the event site.
- Registration: 08.00
- Safety Brief 09.00
- Race start 09.30
- Registration: 10:00 – 11.30
- Safety Brief 11.30
- NiSCO Race Start 11.45
- 14 Race Start 5 minutes after last NISCO finisher
- 12’6 Race Start 5 minutes after last 14’ finisher
- 10am Registration
- Racing starts at 10.30am. There will be distance and technical.
- BaySUP Stage 5 race prize giving will be half hour the tech racing
- GB SUP Series winner prizes will be at the after party
4. RACE FORMAT & DISTANCE:
- Technical: This is a beach / technical race where paddlers start from the beach, running into the water with their boards where they will paddle around a course marked out with buoys (expect at least 6 buoy turns per lap) then head back to the beach where they will run up the beach and through a gate with their boards. Distance will be 6/7 km’s
- Distance: Ocean distance race which will be a maximum of 14km’s. You will need to have ocean racing experience for this race. The course will most likely be starting from Sandbanks and heading towards Boscombe Pier. Due to the coastline shape, this is the only way this race can run. As it is an out and back, if there is any wind, parts of this race will be challenging.
5. RACE COURSES:
6. STARTING SEQUENCE:
- The race director will give 2 warnings to initiate the race start, the first at 1minute, the second at 30 secs, then “GO” on zero.
- Beach start holding board and paddle for distance and tech races.
- Expect to pay approx £15 for the day to park. There used to be roads close by which were free but the lovely council put an end to that last year.
8. BROWNSEA ISLAND PADDLE:
- All paddlers taking part in the Brownsea tour need to report to The Watersports Academy (19 Banks Rd, Poole BH13 7PS) at Midday. Paddle will start at 1pm and last around 2-3 hours.
- Toilets on the beach
- Food and drinks available at The Watersports Academy, Sandbanks Hotel, The Jazz Café and Tesco Express
– We have an amazing raffle this year with prizes from Elliott Brown Watches, Aqua Pac, Red Paddle Co, Starboard, ZRE, Decathlon, Hydroflask and more. Raffle tickets will be available to purchase upon registration and at the after party, £5 a strip. Raffle will be done at the after party.
11. AFTER PARTY LOCATION:
- 7pm start, Coast Surf Shop & Café 91 Salterns Rd, Poole BH14 8BL
- You can book your food ticket when entering the race but if you want extra tickets or forgot to book your food when entering the race then please book here: